Raw Chocolate Macaroons
These delicious raw chocolate macaroons can be made in 30 minutes!
This recipe should be made as a treat as it is naturally high in calories. However, the coconut meat contains good amounts of fiber as well as manganese, selenium, copper, potassium, Iron and zinc.
Coconut also contains high levels of saturated fat, with just over half being medium-chain triglycerides (MCT’s) which may have some health benefits especially in the gut.
The original recipe is by Fragrant Vanilla Cake and has been modified by PerthNaturalFertility.com. Yield 12 servings.
Ingredients for the macaroons:
Ingredients for the raw chocolate:
- 1Place Place 3/4 cup coconut, dates, walnut butter and vanilla and sea salt in the food processor and process until smooth and well combined.
- 2Add cacao powder and remaining 3/4 cup coconut and pulse until the mixture holds together.
- 3Form mixture into 12 balls and stick a clove into the top of each. Place in the freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.
- 4To make the chocolate, whisk together all ingredients until smooth, in a small bowl.
- 5Lay out a piece of parchment, and line up the macaroons on it..
- 6Drizzle the macaroons with the chocolate (I like to put it in a plastic bag, and cut off the corner and squeeze it out to drizzle it).
- 7Allow the chocolate to set (which will happen faster if you place them in the freezer for about 5 minutes)..
- 8Store extra macaroons in the fridge.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @https://www.instagram.com/perthnaturalfertility on Instagram and hashtag it #perthnaturalfertilityrecipes