Super Seed Bread
This Super Seed Bread is my favorite and I eat at least one slice every day. The recipe is inspired Sarah B’s Life Changing Bread from her website My New Roots. I have modified the recipe to a savory bread as I find that more versatile, the method is slightly different as well.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup pepitas
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp psyllium husks
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp flavourless coconut oil or ghee
- ½ cup hazelnuts or almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 175ºC / 350º F
- 2In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients, stirring well.
- 3Heat water until almost boiling, pour 1½ cups into a heatproof jug and add the salt and coconut oil, stir until dissolved. Pour liquid into the dry ingredients and mix well. If the dough becomes too thick to stir, add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- 4Scoop dough into a flexible, silicon loaf pan and smooth out the top with the back of a spoon. Let sit on the counter for 5 minutes or until the dough retains its shape when you pull the sides of the loaf pan.
- 5Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove bread from loaf pan and place upside down directly on the rack and bake for another 30 minutes. The bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped. Let cool completely before slicing.
- 6Store the bread in the fridge or on the counter for up to 5 days. Freezes well.
- 7NOTESThe recipe is very flexible. You can interchange the oats with quinoa or rice flakes, the pepitas with flax seeds etc. You can also add ½ cup of almonds or hazelnuts without adding more water.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @https://www.instagram.com/perthnaturalfertility on Instagram and hashtag it #perthnaturalfertilityrecipes